This oil is obtained from the seeds of specific varieties of Cannavis sativa called industrial hemp, which are those intended for food, fiber production or cosmetic use.
Benefits: Hemp seed oil is an edible oil that contains a high proportion of unsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids such as linoleic (omega 3), linolenic (omega 6) and oleic acid.
The essential fatty acids give it excellent properties to reestablish the balance of the skin, especially when it is subjected to irritative phenomena. Hemp seed oil is also highly appreciated for its emollient and regenerating properties, which is why it is used in the cosmetic field in all kinds of products aimed at improving the nutrition and appearance of the skin.
Action of the ingredient in the cosmetic product:
– Provides emollient, nourishing and regenerating properties.
– Penetrates to the deep layers of the epidermis, helping to maintain the natural balance and hydration of the tissues.
– Its high concentration of unsaturated fatty acids has antioxidant effects, helping to prevent the effects of aging.
– Regulates sebaceous secretion without clogging pores, which is why it is tolerated by people with any skin type, even those with oily skin.
– It is also of great help in the recovery of the skin after exposure to the sun.
– It is absorbed quickly and does not leave a greasy feeling on the skin.
– Allows easy transport of other lipid-soluble active ingredients.
Origin: It is necessary to differentiate between the oil obtained from seeds and the informally called cannabis oil, which is actually an oily extract of hemp flowers or buds and therefore has a high concentration of cannabinoids, including psychoactive substances such as THC, whose use is not allowed neither in food nor in cosmetics.
The oil used by NAOBAY is of first cold pressing of ecological origin. This is especially important in this ingredient, given the peculiarities of the hemp plant. On the one hand, cold extraction of the oil ensures that the essential omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids are intact, without degrading them. On the other hand, the hemp plant has the ability to grow in any type of terrain, even those that are poor in nutrients.